TIPS ON SOME DIETS AND LIFESTYLE TO IMPROVE SPERM QUALITY
Here are some diets and lifestyle that can improve your sperm health
• Avoid using laptops on your laps. If you must do this, use a laptop lap board or cooling pad.
• Avoid frequent usage of hot tubs
• Minimize exposure to harmful chemicals by wearing protective clothing. Also, wash your hands thoroughly before eating. Or better still, shower immediately if you can.
• If you work in a hot environment, avoid wearing tight clothing.
• If you are always stressed out, find a better way to manage stress. ( you can learn how to handle stress here).
• Cut down on alcohol, smoking, and drugs or stop altogether especially if you are serious about having children.
Diets to improve sperm health.
• Feed on whole grain such as barley, wheat, millet, oatmeal and brown rice.
• Eat a wide variety of fresh fruits.
• Avoid junk foods high in trans fats.
• Drink lots of water.
• Avoid caffeine.
- The following should also be added to diets as well as supplemented :
Zinc: Found in Calf liver, oysters, beef, lamb, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds, garlic, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, turkey, peas, and shrimp. Zinc is one very important nutrient necessary for sperm health.
Vitamin B12: Found in Clams, oysters, liver, caviar (fish eggs), fish, crab, lobster, beef, lamb, cheese, and eggs.
Folic acid: Found in Liver, lentils, spinach, black beans, navy beans, kidney beans, and collard greens.
Vitamin E: Found in almonds, olives, spinach, papaya, and dark leafy greens.
Vitamin C: Found in red peppers, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, and citrus fruit.
Antioxidants: Found in onions, spinach, plum, oranges, red bell pepper (called tatashe in yoruba), corn and eggplants.
I hope you found these tips helpful. Stay healthy!